Making your own marshmallows at home is a sweet way to let your kids enjoy what they love. And we are sure that they will enjoy homemade marshmallows more compared to the commercial ones which are sold in the grocery. What we have here is an easy way to make your own marshmallows. Your kids will definitely love this!
In case you already perfected your homemade mallows, you should also try our home made marshmallows too. Amp up the goodness with our Chocolate Fondue. Bring your kids and visit us at Old Swiss Inn Restaurant!
Below is the way to make your own Marshmallows:
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Brush a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with oil. Line with parchment, allowing a 2-inch overhang on the long sides. Brush parchment with oil; set aside.
- Put granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 3/4 cup water into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook, without stirring, until mixture registers 238 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put 3/4 cup cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer; sprinkle with gelatin. Let soften 5 minutes.
- Attach bowl with gelatin to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. With mixer on low speed, beat hot syrup into gelatin mixture. Gradually raise speed to high; beat until mixture is very stiff, about 12 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Pour into prepared dish, and smooth with an offset spatula. Set aside, uncovered, until firm, about 3 hours.
- Sift 1 cup confectioners’ sugar onto a work surface. Unmold marshmallow onto confectioners’ sugar; remove parchment. Lightly brush a sharp knife with oil, then cut marshmallow into 2-inch squares. Sift remaining 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar into a small bowl, and roll each marshmallow in the sugar to coat. Marshmallows can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Start your morning with a healthy breakfast before undertaking the day’s work. Try our breakfast buffet at Old Swiss Inn Makati from 7AM to 10:30AM and mix-in your favorite meal with any of these choices:
- Salad: P 240.00 to P 330.00
- Cheese: P 100.00 to P 150.00
- American and continental breakfast: P 185.00 to P 385.00
- Local favorites: – P 245.00 to P 300.00
- Fruits: P 150.00 to P 200.00
- Desserts: – P 60.00 to 1,750.00
- Different flavors of our Pinkie’s Farm yogurts: P 35.00 to P 360.00
Your breakfast comes with unlimited drinks of your choice, should it be coffee, juice or tea.
If you are in or near Manila area, our Old Swiss Inn Paco branch also serves ala carte breakfast favorites from 7AM- 10:30 AM.
For reservations call Makati (8188251) and Paco (5262739).