A favorite attraction among locals and expatriates is the Old Swiss Inn Restaurant, famous since 1946 for authentic Swiss and European cuisine. Founded over 70 years ago by Swiss national Emil Landert, the Old Swiss Inn remains a popular fixture in Manila’s dining scene.
Switzerland, being a country of many influences, gives us greater flexibility in creating a new menu. French, German, and Italian flavors are universally appreciated, and all can be found in the Old Swiss Inn’s menu. Add to these the wealth of local ingredients, and the result is a new exciting culinary adventure – The Old Swiss Inn Restaurant.
The Old Swiss Inn has been delighting customers since 1946. Its first branch was at Dewey Boulevard, now known as Roxas Boulevard. Many people were charmed by its authentic Swiss cuisine, quaint wooden interiors, and personal service. Now more than 60 years later, the Old Swiss Inn finds itself catering to a new generation of diners.
The Old Swiss Inn Restaurant is an old establishment from the 1940s. It was founded by a Swiss national named Emil Landert who built the original restaurant on Dewey Boulevard (presently known as Roxas Boulevard). In the 1970s, Mr. Landert transferred his restaurant to a larger property beside Paco Park. It was destroyed in a fire in the 1980s, and was re-built and re-opened by Mr. Felix Limcaoco in 1990.
Through the years, the Old Swiss Inn has grown to its present size of 2 restaurants (all with function rooms and free wifi access), a catering arm, a bakeshop, and a commissary. Strict adherence to uncompromising standards and consistency.
The Old Swiss Inn is recognized for its culinary excellence, both internationally and locally. This standard of excellence is not only in the restaurants but in the outside caterings as well.