Clueless on how to plan and execute your next group Christmas party? Well you’re here for a treat! The Fat Girls Day Out crew, together with our friends from the Old Swiss Inn Restaurant, have listed down five (5) simple steps to make sure to help you create a memorable event.
STEP 1: EVENT THEME AND OBJECTIVES
The first thing you want to think of is your event theme and objectives. This helps you narrow where you can have your event and the size of your venue.
- Objectives: What’s the purpose of your event? Whether it’s a Christmas Party, Gala Dinner, End-of-year (EOY) Celebration or Awards Night, it’s usually less about Christmas and more about celebrating!
- Event Theme: Is this a reunion? Is this an office event? Do you need a stage and a band? Decide what you need early on. Remember it’s easier to book things in advance this season.
Whether it’s a family or an office event, it’s important to determine what you need in a venue and how many people you are planning to have at your party.
STEP 2: BUDGET
The next thing you need to know is your budget. Determine how much you are willing to spend for the following and stick to it:
- Food and Beverage per pax – Whether it’s 500 PHP per head to 2,000 PHP it’s important to stay within your budget.
- Decorations cost – Find your inspiration online, and list down everything you need.
- Venue (if any) – Consider that some venues have a minimum consumable amount or have an additional charge to using private venues.
- Contingent Fund (10% of your total cost) This is your safety fund.
These four things are the most basic things to consider when planning your budget. Create a checklist.
STEP 3: VENUE
Now that you know what you want and what you need, it’s time to book your venue.
What you need to consider:
- Venue Size – is the venue the right size? Is it in a good location? Is there sufficient parking space?
- Facilities in the venue – is there a projector? A mic or a free sound system?
Remember once you determine what you need, book this immediately, this goes out fast.
Here at Old Swiss Inn, they provide the venue and food. Whether you need a venue, in Paco, in Shaw or in Makati, they’ve got you covered. They have venues for you that come with uniformed waiters, a projector system, a sound system, and FREE use of their function room.
STEP 4: FOOD
Filipinos love to eat, and the best way we know how to celebrate is by eating celebratory dishes in huge amounts that we share with our loved ones. Whether you choose a venue with food, or choose to have catering at your own house, it’s the food that counts the most!
The food is the most important thing you need to consider when planning your party. It’s not only a conversation starter, but most of the time it becomes the most memorable thing that everyone remembers in your party.
By serving your guests with conversation starters such as a fondue, raclette, cheese and chocolate fondue, you provide a celebratory food they have not tried before.
Old Swiss Inn provides a variety of menu options for you and your family. They also have an ongoing promo for Birthday parties and Baptisms that gives you 15% off their packages for 60 pax and above on weekends until October 31, 2018.
For more details on their packages click on the link below:
- Baptismal Package
- Buffet Package UPDATED AUG 2018
- Christmas Package UPDATED AUG
- Debut Package
- Kiddie Package
- SEMINAR PACKAGE UPDATED AUG
- Set Menu UPDATED AUG
- Wedding Package
STEP 5: EXPERIENCE
When you have those 4 items down, all that’s left is to create an experience. From the moment they get to the venue to the time they sit down you can be sure that each of these key items have been taken care of. This also leaves you hassle-free, and that the only thing left to do is to handle the entertainment. So whether you have a program, a live band, a raffle, or games having those things in check will contribute to the overall success of your event.
Last Minute Tips:
- Make sure to provide the correct time when setting up.
- Always find out who the head waiter is, if you have any special requests or a VIP guest you want to accommodate, he’s your guy.
- Don’t forget to tip!
By choosing the right venue and food, you can immediately create a experience that you all will share.